MSc Postgraduate Research Scholarships at GMIT: Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology announces the MSc Postgraduate Research Scholarships at GMIT available only for students who are deserving of the opportunity, proposed for the academic year 2022-2023.
Students who are eligible for the MSc Postgraduate Research Scholarships at GMIT are European Union and non-European Union students, including Irish national students gearing towards acquiring an MSc degree programme to work on the LIFE Atlantic Crex project. The selected candidates will be offered an annual stipend, tuition fee coverage, and travel expenses.
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology is ranked 13th in the entire country and is a third-level education institute, whose aim is to invest in outstanding applied learning, teaching, and research environments reflecting the real needs of business, enterprise, and the professions in the region.
Why you wouldn’t want to miss studying at Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology!
GMIT is a transformational university that empowers its graduates to contribute fully to the economical, social, and cultural improvement of the society through outstanding applied learning, teaching, and learning environment. It has developed a student-concentred learning process and also established a surrounding where students can thrive.
Worth of Scholarship: €18,000
Brief Description of MSc Postgraduate Research Scholarships at GMIT
- Application Deadline: The last moment to submit applications is noon, 17th February 2022.
- University or Organization: Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Ireland.
- Eligible Countries: EU and non-EU country nationals can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any MSc study programme to work on project Improving conservation value of Corncrake sites: The contribution of various early and late cover (ELC) types and quality to invertebrate diversity and abundance offered at GMIT is eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- The applicants must have a clean driver’s license and the ability to work part-time.
- How to Apply for the MSc Postgraduate Research Scholarships at GMIT: Students are required to apply for the programme of their choice via the application portal of the university. To apply for the scholarship, students must submit the listed supporting documents at ResearchOffice@gmit.ie.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- CV including two referees
- Copy of transcripts of results
- One page personal statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a BSc (honors, minimum 2:2, but 2:1 or higher is desirable) in biology, zoology, environmental science or ecology, or related discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 213
- TOEFL CBT – 550
- TOEIC – 660
- Trinity College London – GESE 8 & ISE 11
- Cambridge Exams – FCE Grade B
- CEFR – High B2
- PTE – 55
GMIT will provide a stipend of €18,000 per annum to the students selected. In addition, the selected candidates will also be provided postgraduate fees for EU students and any necessary travel and material costs incurred during the project.