It is now very easy to study in Canada without IELTS in 2021. IELTS is a well-known international test that tests your English language skills to study abroad. There are lots of Fully-funded Scholarships in Canada but numerous students don’t apply because of IELTS, IELTS seems quite expensive.
IELTS is very necessary to study abroad especially in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, etc. In this article, we will be focusing more on Canada. Canada boasts of quality education due to Justin Trudeau’s new education policy for international students. Canada possesses more than 97 Universities offering about 5000 courses. Citizens of any country can apply to study in Canada.
Universities in Canada have researched and found out that students who have completed their degrees from a recognized educational institution in the English language often show good Communication skills in Reading & Writing. They only have to submit specific documents to get admission to the university of Canada.
Details on how to Study in Canada Without IELTS 2022
- Study in: Canada
- Degree Level: MS Degree Programs, Diploma, Post-Secondary or Post-Graduate Certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational school.
- Sponsored by: Government of Canada
List of Top Universities Without IELTS in Canada
Non-requirement of IELTS scores is that students are either native English speakers or, students coming from non-English countries & must have received a degree in the English Language.
However, students who have completed either an O-Level or A-level examination don’t need IELTS. Individual universities in Canada have set their own English Language Test to prove the ability of students. The following is a list of universities in Canada that offer this exemption:
- University of Saskatchewan
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Regina
- Memorial University
- Concordia University
Most Universities will permit conditional admission, this implies that you might have to do extra language courses while studying.
Nations like Canada, UK, the USA & Australia have IELTS Compulsory requirements but recently due to COVID & Lockdown situation IELTS Center is closed that is why many universities are accepting the Alternative to IELTS Duolingo Language Test.
Alternative to IELTS? When students finish their previous degree in English but instead of having an English degree, our language test waiver request is often refused by the institutions despite English being the official language and medium of instruction. It is annoying to appear for IELTS/ TOFEL costing around 250 USD now.
Duolingo test is a cheap substitute costing only 50 USD, affordable for most of the students. An hour-long language test that tests your skillset in all areas of language including Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing. It is a virtual test that is taken online. You need a stable internet connection and a PC with a functional microphone and camera.
Note that you must be seated alone in a room and must not look away from the screen for even a moment. It costs 50 USD only and you receive the results in 2-5 days. As opposed to IELTS, you don’t receive a score for each skill. You just receive are commutative scour out of 160.
Things to know About Duolingo
- Over 2000+ Universities are accepting this Duolingo Language Proficiency
- Check your desired university’s name before attempting the test. With the current lockdown situation, more and more universities are accepting the results. Find the LIST HERE.
- Universities often only mention IELTS/ TOEFL on the website but accept Duolingo too.
- Conversion charts to IELTS and TOEFL can be found on the website.
Working in Canada requires one to have a work permit. You will not be able to secure any sort of employment in Canada without one. But there may just be a way you can work in Canada without a work permit.
A number of situations may occur when an individual can perform work in Canada without needing to secure a Temporary Work Permit. An individual who is eligible to work without a work permit may still require a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada on a temporary basis.
The following scenarios have been identified as instances where foreign nationals may perform work in Canada without a work permit:
Business visitors such as After Sales Service, Board of Directors Meetings, Employees of Short-Term Temporary Residents, Employees of Foreign Companies Contracting Canadian Companies etc can conveniently work in Canada without a work permit.
Other scenarios that have been identified as instances where foreign nationals may perform work in Canada without a work permit include;
- Foreign Representatives and their Family Members
- Military Personnel
- Foreign Government Officers
- American Cross-Border Maritime Law Enforcement Officers
- In-Flight Security Officers
- On-Campus Employment
- Performing Artists
- Athletes and Team Members
- News Reporters, Media Crews
- Public Speakers
- Convention Organizers
- Judges, Referees, and Similar Officials
- Examiners and Evaluators
- Expert Witnesses and Investigators
- Health Care Students
- Civil Aviation Inspectors
- Aviation or Accident Investigators
- Emergency Service Providers
- Implied Status
You can work as any of the above-listed instances without a work permit in Canada.
Another instance that can allow a foreign national work in Canada without a work permit is Farm Work.
A person may work on a farm without a work permit as long as:
- The farm work is on a volunteer basis
- The person’s primary reason for coming to Canada was something other than the farm work (such as tourism or visiting family/friends)
- The farm is non-commercial. Non-commercial farms are generally defined as farms where the owner provides much of the capital and labour for the farm and where the farm produce is used to provide for the basic needs of the owner’s family, with little extra to sell for profit.